UAE Journal of Educational Technology and eLearning (eJournal)
Special Edition on ePortfolios
Call for Abstracts
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) Journal of Educational Technology and eLearning (eJournal) was started in 2009 to create a platform for sharing best practices. It is a publication for the educators of the Middle-East and Gulf region. The journal is available in a print format, and soon online as an open journal multi-media resource, including an associated iPad app soon to be released.
Call for Abstracts:
The editorial board has invited Susan Bainbridge to compile a special edition of the eJournal, to be published in March 2014. The topic is ePortfolios.
ePortfolios are becoming increasingly important in Higher Education. Their value for learners includes an increased understanding of the importance of reflection, improvement in organizational skills, critical thinking skills, ICT skills and knowledge construction. They are a valuable assessment tool for instructors offering a more holistic view of a learner’s progress and development. Submissions can include, but are not limited to: research on theory, practical application, assessment, particular ePortfolio tools/applications, or practitioner experience of implementing ePortfolios into a program.
Submissions are welcome from researchers worldwide. View this link to review the submission guidelines, themes and standards for publication:
- Abstracts are due by July 31, 2013: prospective authors should submit a title and abstract for review to: email@example.com
- Authors of accepted topics will be notified within 2 weeks of submission.
- Full papers will be due by September 1, 2013 and will go through a round of peer reviews.
The Special Edition Themes:
- New paradigms in online learning through ePortfolios.
- ePortfolio platforms.
- Reflection in Learning through ePortfolios.
- iPad use with ePortfolios
- Applied research in learning and teaching with ePortfolios.
- Pedagogy, technology and ePortfolios.
- Web 2.0 tools in higher education and ePortfolios.
- Exemplary online ePortfolios and success stories.
- ePortfolio and Assessment.
- ePortfolios and 21st Century Digital Literacy.
- ePortfolios and Open Educational Resources
- ICT Skills and ePortfolios.